Terms and Conditions
We take pride in writing Terms and Conditions that are not full of small copy. We are honest and upfront. Always.
Motorline's Terms and Conditions
If you purchase goods from our site, our terms and conditions of supply will apply to the sales. Please note, when purchasing a used vehicle it may previously have been used for business purpose.
Other Applicable Terms
- Our Acceptable Use Policy, which sets out the permitted uses and prohibited uses of our site. When using our site, you must comply with this Acceptable Use Policy.
If you purchase goods from our site, our terms and conditions of supply will apply to the sales.
Information About Us
The Motorline Group is the trading name of a group of companies operated by Motorline Holdings Limited a company registered in England and Wales under company number 05478773 with its registered office at Shalloak Road, Canterbury, Kent CT2 0PR ("Registered Office"). VAT number is 884241119 ("VAT Number").
The following subsidiary companies are also registered in England and Wales with the same Registered Office and VAT Number as Motorline Holdings Limited:
- Driveline Limited, company number 04626624
- Motorline Limited, company number 01848722
- Motorline (Kent) Limited, company number 04899072
- Motorline (Canterbury) Limited, company number 08237424
- Motorline (Broad Oak) Limited, company number 10270930
Motorline Hyundai is a site operated by the Motorline Group.
Changes to These Terms
Please check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we made, as they are binding on you.
Changes to our Site
We may update our site from time to time, and may change the content at any time. However, please note that any of the content on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
Accessing our Site
Our site is made available free of charge.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our site without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site.
Your Account and Password
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us at email@example.com.
Intellectual Property Rights
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
No Reliance on Information
The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
Limitation of our Liability
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our site or any content on it, whether express or implied.
We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our site; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
- If you are a business user, please note that in particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are a consumer user, please note that we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on our site. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability arising as a result of the supply of any goods by use to you, which will be set out in our Terms and conditions of supply.
Uploading Content to our Site
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to our site, or to make contact with other users of our site, you must comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. If you are a consumer user, this means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.
Any content you upload to our site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, and we have the right to use, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any such content for any purpose.
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any content posted by you or any other user of our site.
We have the right to remove any posting you make on our site if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
The views expressed by other users on our site do not represent our views or values.
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
Linking to our Site
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you.
Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
If you wish to make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Third Party Links and Resources in our Site
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only.
We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
is a UK registered trade mark of Motorline Holdings Limited.
To contact us, please email email@example.com.
Thank you for visiting our site.
Service Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions of Business
1. In these terms and conditions (Terms), ‘We’, ‘Our’ and ‘Us’ shall mean Motorline (Broad Oak) Ltd (trading as Motorline) the Hyundai authorised dealer by whom the job card (which is the form which details and authorises the work to be carried out subject to these Terms) (Job Card) is used. ‘You’ and ‘Your’ shall mean the person or body by whom or on whose behalf the Job Card is signed, and ‘the Manufacturer’ shall mean Hyundai and/or their appointed concessionaire and its subsidiaries thereof or its successors. A reference to one gender includes a reference to the other gender. Unless the context otherwise requires, words in the singular shall include the plural and vice versa. These Terms shall apply to the Services (as defined at clause 5).
2. Please ensure that You read these Terms carefully, and check that the details on the Job Card and in these Terms are complete and accurate, before You sign the Job Card. If You think that there is a mistake, or require any changes, please contact Us to discuss. We will confirm any changes in writing to avoid any confusion between You and Us.
3. Where We contract to carry out any Hyundai inspection service or diagnostic operation (Inspection Service) Our scope of work shall be limited to the performance of such work as may be prescribed from time to time by the Manufacturer or the vehicle’s importer for the United Kingdom as coming within the scope of such Inspection Service.
4. Should any vehicle be deposited at Our premises by or on behalf of You outside Our normal working hours and/or when none of Our appropriate employees are present, then no responsibility for any loss or damage to the vehicle and/or its contents (howsoever occasioned) will be accepted by Us, and any such vehicle and/or its contents is deposited entirely at Your own risk.
5. All monies due to Us in respect of the services and parts referred to in the Job Card and any supplemental or additional work and/or parts that We agree to perform and/or supply (Services) shall become payable when such operations are completed and You have been notified that the vehicle is ready to collect. Unless We agree otherwise, all payments to Us shall be made before the vehicle is released to You and by a valid Credit/Debit Card and in person by the cardholder, or such other means of payment acceptable to Us. Cash payments are limited to a daily limit of £250.
6. We and Our employees and agents are expressly authorised by You to use the vehicle on the highway and elsewhere for all purposes in connection with Our performance of the Services.
7. You acknowledge that We have a legal lien over the vehicle (and over the fittings or contents) left with Us in respect of the Services for all monies due to Us from You on any account (including storage charges, interest charges and any other additional charges).
8. Vehicles and the components, fittings, and contents of vehicles are left with Us entirely at Your risk.
9. We will use reasonable endeavours to supply the services and parts referred to in the Job Card by the completion date set out in the Job Card (Completion Date). However, the Completion Date, and any other date that We may give to You in respect of the completion of the Services, are estimates only, and We shall not be liable for any delay howsoever occasioned (nor will such delay entitle You to cancel or rescind the contract).
10. If, after the date of any contract made subject to these Terms but before payment is made by You, the recommended list prices of the Manufacturer or its United Kingdom importer for any work carried out or parts supplied shall rise, then the contract price shall rise accordingly notwithstanding the terms of any estimate or quotation We may have given You.
11. We shall use all reasonable endeavours to pass on to You the benefit of any Manufacturer’s warranty for any parts supplied.
12. Subject to clause 11, and to the extent permitted by law, no conditions or warranties are given or implied as to the quality of the Services or goods supplied by Us or their fitness, for any particular purpose whether such purpose shall be known to Us or not. We will however without prejudice to Our rights hereunder correct all faults in the Services carried out by Us and occurring by reason of Our default or negligence and shown to be such to Our reasonable satisfaction. Where You are a consumer, this is in addition to Your legal rights in relation to the goods and Services supplied that are faulty or not as described - advice about Your legal rights is available from Your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau or for detailed information please visit www.adviceguide.org.uk.
13. YOUR ATTENTION IS PARTICULARLY DRAWN TO THIS CLAUSE. 13.1 Where You are a consumer, and We fail to comply with these Terms, We are responsible for loss or damage You suffer that is a foreseeable result of Our breach of these Terms or Our negligence (loss or damage shall be deemed foreseeable only if they were an obvious consequence of Our breach or if they were contemplated by You and Us at the time We entered into the contract). 13.2 Subject to clause 13.1 and 13.4, We shall under no circumstances whatsoever be liable to You, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, for any loss of profit, or any indirect or consequential loss arising under or in connection with the contract, except as expressly provided in these Terms. 13.3 Subject to clause 13.2 and 13.4, and except where You are a consumer, Our total liability to You in respect of all other losses arising under or in connection with the contract, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, shall in no circumstances exceed the value of the contract price. 13.4 We do not exclude or limit in any way Our liability to You where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by Our negligence or the negligence of Our employees, agents or subcontractors; for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; for breach of Your legal rights in relation to the Services including the right to receive Services which are as described and supplied with reasonable skill and care.
14. All agreements made between Us and You, are personal to You who shall not assign any rights or liabilities under an agreement made subject to these Terms. The contract is made between You and Us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce the Terms.
15. If, in Our reasonable opinion, the Services ordered to be carried out by You cannot be carried out without the vehicle or any part thereof being washed or otherwise cleaned, the cost of such washing or cleaning shall be chargeable to You as if You had specifically ordered the same.
16. If You shall become bankrupt or insolvent or make any arrangement with creditors or suffer a receiver of Your effects to be appointed or being a body corporate enter into liquidation other than for the purpose of amalgamation or reconstruction, or any other form of insolvency event occurs or is threatened, We shall have the right to terminate any agreement with You subject to these Terms and We shall therefore cease to have any further obligation under the contract and the price for all work done and goods and Services rendered by Us shall immediately become payable.
17. We may end the Contract at any time by writing to You if (a) You do not make payment to Us when it is due; (b) You do not, within a reasonable time of Us asking for it, provide Us with information that is necessary for Us to provide the Services; (c) You do not, within a reasonable time, give Us access to Your vehicle to enable Us to provide the Services to You.
18. If any vehicle left with Us is not collected by You from Us within 7 days of Us having notified You that the vehicle is ready to be collected, We shall be at liberty to charge You a reasonable daily sum for the storage of such vehicle.
19. No parts will be accepted for credit unless returned within 7 days of collection, quoting the invoice number. All new parts returned for credit shall be in a reasonable condition and of merchantable quality (as reasonably so deemed by Us), and may be subject to a handling charge. Goods specially ordered cannot be accepted for credit. This does not affect Your rights under the Consumer Rights Act 2015.
20. We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of Our obligations under these Terms that is caused by an event outside Our control.
21. Any goods supplied shall remain Our property until the price has been discharged in full.
22. We are a company registered in England and Wales. Our company registration number is 10270930 and Our registered office is at Motorline House, Shalloak Road, Broad Oak, Canterbury, Kent, CT2 0PR. Our registered VAT number is 884241119. If You have any questions or complaints, please contact Us. You can contact Us by writing to Us at Motorline Group Head Office, Motorline House, Shalloak Road, Broad Oak, Canterbury, Kent, CT2 0PR, or telephoning Our customer service team on the telephone number shown overleaf or by e-mailing Us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
23. We are committed to respecting the wishes and privacy of Our customers. Any information You provide will be held in the strictest confidence and only used within the Hyundai Group of companies and partner companies contracted to the Hyundai Group for the provisions of services such as Breakdown Recovery, Insurance and Financial Services. We would like to contact You periodically to ensure You are happy with the standards of service We and Our partner companies provide. If You have agreed to this during the order process, We would also like to keep You up to date with the latest products and services We have to offer. If at any point You decide You do not wish to be contacted by Us, by Hyundai or by partner companies, either by post or phone or email or SMS, please let Us know and We will ensure Your Wishes are respected.
24. These Terms are governed by English law.